Edinburgh Pitch Calls For Documentary Projects
Calling independent documentary filmmakers: the Scottish Documentary Institute is looking for 12 projects to host at the Edinburgh Pitch, a 3-day workshop where participants learn about TV commissioning and the international landscape for documentaries and to test ideas in front of a supportive panel of industry professionals.
Runnng alongside the Edinburgh International Film Festival (20 June-1 July), the Edinburgh Pitch is the only international documentary pitching forum in Scotland. It is open to all filmmakers and companies based in the UK and abroad.
The pitching day will be open to observers.
Last year, panellists and advisors were:
- Leslie Finlay (Creative Scotland)
- Flora Gregory (Al Jazeera English)
- Charlotte Gry Madsen (DR Sales)
- Doris Hepp, (ARTE, ZDF)
- Andrea Hock (Autlook Filmsales)
- Simon Kilmurry (POV)
- Jo Lapping (BBC Storyville)
- Catherine Le Clef (CAT & Docs)
- Neil McDonald (BBC Scotland)
- Anna Miralis (More 4)
- Catherine Olsen (CBC)
- Wim van Rompaey (Lichtpunt)
Deadline for applications is Monday 16 April 2012 (midnight BST).