How can staff and students make the necessary changes to achieve a low carbon world? Inspired by student groups, students' associations, and the growing Transition movement, colleges and universities are leading the way. Times/venue TBA
In March 2011 we will gather in Edinburgh to share practical-action solutions to climate change. Join us for:
A celebration of environmental practical projects already happening at universities and colleges, including learning from the champions of the Scottish Young Green List, and the incredible success of Transition Edinburgh University.
- Creating exciting practical projects on food, waste, energy, travel and consumption.
- Using art, craft, film, and photography to engage and inspire.
- How students and staff can work together to create change.
- How to engage people to rethink their lifestyles.
- How grassroots leadership can drive long-term cultural change.
- Universities and colleges in their surrounding communities.
- What should university and college institutions be doing, including fulfilling the Universities & Colleges Climate Commitment for Scotland (UCCCfS)?
Plenty of open space to share ideas and experiences.
With attendees from colleges and universities, and confirmed contributions from:
- Transition Edinburgh University
- People & Planet
- Scottish Sustainable Development Forum
- NUS Scotland
- Environmental Association of Universities & Colleges Scotland
- Transition Scotland Support
- St. Andrews Transition
- University of St. Andrews Environment Team
- AUSA's Climate Change Project
- Organised by Transition Edinburgh University and People & Planet. Funded by the Climate Challenge Fund.