A unique day of creative workshops Meet up with participants from other workshops over a free
bowl of soup at lunchtime. Bring a sandwich and enjoy some of the delicious home baking on sale with teas and coffee.
Book now and help us generate a burst of creative energy around the Cathedral this May!
- Art (Painting) The tutor will go through some basics before letting everyone loose in the stunning Cathedral to create some of your own compositions.
- Digital Photography All aspects of good photography will be considered and individuals will be given guidance on how to improve their technique and get the best out of their camera.
- Patchwork Participants will be introduced to simple and complex piecing (block patchwork), straight and curved seams, foundation piecing and simple appliqué.
- Creative Writing Our published author will take you through the stages required to develop your initial idea into a blueprint for a novel or screenplay.
- Floristry A variety of work will be done including posies, button holes and display arrangements.
- Jewellery Working in copper and in silver, this workshop will take you through the techniques of sawing, filing and soldering with the aim of creating a finished piece of original jewellery.
- Stained Glass Taking inspiration from the magnificent windows of the Cathedral participants will cut and work in glass to produce copperfoil pieces such as suncatchers and tea lights.
- Walks and Talks 10-12 and 1-3 Complimenting each other the first walk covers St Mary’s and the Walker Estate, and the second St Mary’s and the Haymarket/Dalry Road area. This event is being organised to raise funds for the forthcoming Far Eastern tour of the Choir of St Mary’s Cathedral