Food and drink festival Taste of Edinburgh returns to The Meadows. Expect a host of cookery displays and presentations from celebrity chefs and local Edinburgh restaurants, hands on culinary classes, and over 100 stalls from Scottish purveyors of speciality food and drink in the temporary gastronomes' village.
Taste of Edinburgh moved to a later date and from Inverleith Park to The Meadows in 2011.
This year’s restaurant line-up from Edinburgh includes:
- Angels with Bagpipes
- The Balmoral
- Cucina at Hotel Missoni
- Fourth Floor Restaurant
- Kama Sutra
- Plumed Horse
- Restaurant Mark Greenaway
- Valvona & Crolla Vincaffé
Glasgow favourites Café Gandolfi and Two Fat Ladies at The Buttery return for a second year, the award winning Balfour Castlel showcase Orkney’s finest food and drink, Chex Roux brings a flavour of East Lothian and The Road Hole Restaurant of the Old Course Hotel, St Andrews bring a taste of Fife to the festival.
The big attraction is the tasting itself with usually a plentiful amount of wines, beers, liqueurs, cheeses, deli meats, seafood, and such like to sample throughout the show area. This year the later date may also mean more produce on site.
There are two sessions each day:
- Friday 6th July, 12pm-4pm and 5:30pm-9:30pm
- Saturday 7th July, 12pm-4pm and 5:30pm-9:30pm
- Sunday 8th July, 11:30am- 3:30pm and 4:30pm-8:30pm
Tickets (see link above)
- Standard tickets are £12 (£12.90 with booking fee) or £14 on the door
- Premium tickets are £30 (£32.30 with booking fee) and n/a on the door
- VIP are are £40 (£48.40 with booking fee), £48 on the door
- Children under 12 are free