Edinburgh College of Art
Edinburgh College of Art has a reputation as one of the leading art colleges in the UK. Founded in 1907, but with a history dating back to the 18th century, the College is home to over 1,700 full-time students studying a range of programmes across art and design, architecture and landscape architecture at undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree level.
The Edinburgh College of Art merged with the University of Edinburgh in 2011.
The annual degree show is often a great place to pick up good, original art works. It is also used for functions and has a reputation for good parties and club nights (see Wee Red Bar).
Formerly a Fringe venue for Sweet ECA, and now C Venues makes its home in August.
Reviews of shows here
- Galleries: Edinburgh College of Art Degree Show 2013 Review (06 Jun '13)
- Return to the Forbidden Planet Review (16 Aug '11)
- The Music of Les Miserables Review (13 Aug '11)
- Buddy - The Buddy Holly Story! Review (11 Aug '09)
- Trainspotting Review (11 Aug '09)
- Mr Loveday's Little Outing (13 Aug '08)
- TheGhostOrchestra: New Songs of Love and Loss (04 Sep '07)
- Secs, lies & Hazard tape (16 Aug '07)
- Beating of the Russian Heart (14 Aug '07)