The Liquid Room
Like many clubs in the area, this Victoria Street live-music and clubbing venue is based in a deep, subterranean vault of the old town.
In more than a decade and a half of its existence the Liquid Room has earned its credentials as a place to see up-and-coming bands. Smashing Pumpkins, Moby, Divine Comedy, Stereophonics, Travis and Coldplay had their debut Scottish performances here. It's also a venue for the Edge Festival in August.
Club nights include an indie mix with long-running Evol on Friday nights and chart and pop-orientated Bump on Thursday nights.
Reviews of shows here
- Loop, The Liquid Room, Review (20 Dec '13)
- Swans, Review (17 Aug '13)
- Lee “Scratch” Perry, The Liquid Room, Review (19 Nov '12)
- Grimes, The Liquid Room, 28 August 2012, Review (04 Sep '12)
- Wire, The Liquid Room, Review (29 Nov '11)
- James Blake at The Edge 2011, Review (02 Sep '11)
- Peter Hook and The Light - Unknown Pleasures, The Liquid Room, Review (16 May '11)
- Raekwon, The Liquid Room, Review (29 Mar '11)
- Epic Indie Night - Battle of the Bands (02 Mar '10)