The Liquid Room
Like many clubs in the area, this Victoria Street live-music and clubbing venue is based in a deep, subterranean vault of the old town.
A place to see up-and-coming bands. Smashing Pumpkins, Moby, Divine Comedy, Stereophonics, Travis and Coldplay had their debut Scottish performances here, and was a natural home for indie music themed Edge Festival during the Fringe in August.
Club nights mid-week and weekend are a mixture of indie rock, pop, and retro.
Reviews of shows here
- Loop, The Liquid Room, Review (20 Dec '13)
- Swans, Review (17 Aug '13)
- Lee “Scratch” Perry, The Liquid Room, Review (19 Nov '12)
- Grimes, The Liquid Room, 28 August 2012, Review (04 Sep '12)
- Wire, The Liquid Room, Review (29 Nov '11)
- James Blake at The Edge 2011, Review (02 Sep '11)
- Peter Hook and The Light - Unknown Pleasures, The Liquid Room, Review (16 May '11)
- Raekwon, The Liquid Room, Review (29 Mar '11)
- Epic Indie Night - Battle of the Bands (02 Mar '10)