One of Edinburgh's leading live music venues and one of the main venues for a variety of Edinburgh's festivals throughout the year, on account of the relatively large size of its auditorium/concert hall but also the intimacy of the venu.
During the year, carries an eclectic programme of live music in the true sense of the word - varying from the resident Scottish Chamber Orchestra to touring choirs from South African townships, from ceilidhs to club nights.
The Queen's Hall is a converted church on Edinburgh's Southside, formerly called the Hope Chapel of Ease when it was built in 1823. The Hall was converted in 1979 and opened by the Queen.
Reviews of shows here
- Scottish Chamber Orchestra: Britten 100:1, Queen's Hall, Review (19 Apr '13)
- Das Lied von der Erde, Queen's Hall, Review (17 Mar '13)
- Anderszewski plays Mozart, Queen's Hall, Review (22 Feb '13)
- The Little C Major, Queen's Hall, Review (18 Jan '13)
- Pizarro Plays Beethoven, Queen's Hall, Review (07 Dec '12)
- Choral Romance, Queen's Hall, Review (30 Nov '12)
- Australian Chamber Orchestra, EIF 2012, Review (09 Sep '12)
- Emerson String Quartet, EIF 2012, Review (02 Sep '12)
- Francesco Piemontesi Piano Recital, EIF 2012, Review (29 Aug '12)
- Leif Ove Andsnes Piano Recital, EIF 2012, Review (19 Aug '12)
- Far, Far From Ypres Review (19 Aug '12)
- Ferrier Centenary Celebration Concert, EIF 2012, Review (17 Aug '12)
- Trio Zimmermann, EIF 2012, Review (13 Aug '12)
- Rumba Caliente, EJBF 2012, Review (29 Jul '12)
- Scottish Ensemble with Catrin Finch's Pedal Harp Review (11 Jun '12)
- Ute Lemper - Last Tango in Berlin Review (06 May '12)
- Beethoven Five, Queen's Hall, Review (23 Mar '12)
- SCO Langrée Conducts Beethoven Review (03 Feb '12)
- SCO In the Steppes of Central Europe Review (23 Jan '12)
- SCO Mozart at Christmas Review (18 Dec '11)