Stockbridge Parish Church
A classic Church of Scotland parish church, dating back to 1823, in the old village of Stockbridge with small domed steeple.
James Milne's original U-plan gallery inside was enhanced in 1888 by Hardy & Wight's apse which was decorated with war memorial murals by the German artist Reinhardt Behrens in 1987. The murals depict the Lothian coastline at sunset and morning.
As well as a place of worship, with services on Sunday at 11.00am and Wednesday at 1pm Stockbridge Parish Church is also occasionally a venue for classical concerts.
The church houses a historic 2-manual organ by August Gern 1883 which was installed in 1995.
The church has a number of spaces available for hire.
Reviews of shows here
- A Requiem for Edward Snowdon, Stockbridge Parish Church, Review (22 Aug '15)
- Edinburgh Napier Chamber Orchestra, Stockbridge Parish Church, Review (28 Nov '14)
- The Deacon Review (19 Aug '11)
- The Fire and The Thistle Review (19 Aug '09)
- Hans Gal Anniversary Concert (04 Dec '07)
29 Apr 2017 - 10:30am - 4:30pm