Stone of Remembrance

Venue details
Edinburgh Area
Telephone (info)
0131 556 9536

The Stone of Remembrance is a war memorial at the entrance to City Chambers. It is a light-coloured block, with the words on it "THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE."

Erected to commemorate Edinburgh people who served and died in the First World War, it was unveiled and bequeathed to the city by Prince Henry on 11th November 1927.

The Stone of Remembrance is the location for annual Remembrance Sunday ceremonies. It can be found outside City Chambers, opposite St.Giles Cathedral, just down from Edinburgh Castle.

Related