Video: "Funniest Joke" Award Winner Stewart Francis
Canadian comedian Stewart Francis was just announced as the winner of the Dave Award for the Funniest Joke on the Fringe 2012.
The joke was:
“You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks.”
As those who have seen Francis perform will know, he's a master of the deadpan one-liner.
The above video shows Francis in action at his 2009 Edinburgh performance at Michael McIntyre's comedy roadshow.
Here are the top 10 jokes for the Dave award. It includes two from Francis.
- “You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks.” Stewart Francis
- “Last night me and my girlfriend watched three DVDs back to back. Luckily I was the one facing the telly. ” Tim Vine
- “I was raised as an only child, which really annoyed my sister.” Will Marsh
- “You know you’re working class when your TV is bigger than your book case.” Rob Beckett
- “I’m good friends with 25 letters of the alphabet… I don’t know why.” Chris Turner
- “I took part in the sun-tanning Olympics – I just got Bronze.” Tim Vine
- “Pornography is often frowned upon, but that’s only because I’m concentrating.” George Ryegold
- “I saw a documentary on how ships are kept together. Riveting!” Stewart Francis
- “I waited an hour for my starter so I complained: ‘It’s not rocket salad.” Lou Sanders
- “My mum’s so pessimistic, that if there was an Olympics for pessimism… she wouldn’t fancy her chances.” Nish Kumar