The series of films is called Under the Stars, but this being Edinburgh in June, it's currently more like under a cloud, or under a brolly viewing.
The big-screen events started yesterday evening with Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and continues until 11pm on Sunday night.
While there's been mostly a steady drizzle today, fingers crossed, the weather should improve by Sunday with clear skies and temperatures of around 14C during the day - so make a note in your diary for some fair weather, al fresco film-watching.
The programme of five films are:
- 12:00 - 13:43: Toy Story 3 (103 mins, Cert U)
- 14:10 - 16:05: Breakfast at Tiffany's (115 mins, Cert U)
- 16:30 - 18:26: Back to the Future (116 mins, Cert PG)
- 18:50 - 20:45: The Pink Panther (115 mins, Cert U)
- 21:10 - 23:00: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (94 mins, Cert 15)
There's also films showing tomorrow, Saturday (see the EIFF schedule), but you are more likely to need to be equipped for some dreich weather.