One of Edinburgh's classic old pubs, the Guildford Arms was designed by Robert Macfarlane Cameron, built in 1898, and still has much of its original character in tact.
Found just off a side road at the East end of Princes Street. Its close proximity to Edinburgh Waverley train station and St Andrew Square makes it a good waiting point for travellers looking to sample real ale and pub grub in a Victoriana alehouse atmosphere.
Gets busy as office workers spill out after work.
Free live music in the evenings.