Edinburgh International Festival
The flagship Edinburgh International Festival (EIF), a high-brow assembly of some of the world's best music, opera, theatre, and dance companies, was launched in 1947 as a stage for peace and unity in Europe after the Second World War. It was out of the Festival that the now massive Edinburgh Fringe sprung and grew in subsequent years.
The Festival launches with the Opening Concert on 8 August and ends with the Festival Fireworks Concert on 31 August.
The EIF programme 2014 launches on 18 March. Check back later!
- Latest EIF articles and reviews
- Photographs of EIF
- Festival Fireworks Concert The Grand Finale to Edinburgh's Festivals
- Wednesday 18 March: Patron tickets on sale
- Saturday 29 March: Public tickets go on sale through the Hub, phone, and online
Hub ticket counter opening times 2013 (2014 TBA)
- Saturday 2 April – Thursday 21 July
Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Friday 22 July – Saturday 3 September
Monday to Saturday 9am to 7.30pm,
Sunday 10.00am to 7.30pm
- Sunday 4 September 1pm to 6pm