Edinburgh International Festival
The flagship Edinburgh International Festival (EIF), a high-brow assembly of some of the world's best music, opera, theatre, and dance companies, was launched in 1947 as a stage for peace and unity in Europe after the Second World War. It was out of the Festival that the now massive Edinburgh Fringe sprung and grew in subsequent years.
The 2013 EIF programme has now been announced. Read details
The Festival launches with the Opening Concert on 9 August and ends with the Festival Fireworks Concert on 1 September.
2012 saw NVA's Speed of Light (9 Aug - 1 Sept), nightly on Arthur Seat with runners wearing light suits and the audience generating light with bespoke walking staffs, as part of the London 2012 Festival and the Cultural Olympiad.
- Latest EIF articles and reviews
- Photographs of EIF
- Festival Fireworks Concert The Grand Finale to Edinburgh's Festivals
- Wednesday 13 March: Patron tickets on sale
- Saturday 23 March: Public tickets go on sale through the Hub, phone, and online
Hub ticket counter opening times
- Saturday 2 April – Thursday 21 July
Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Friday 22 July – Saturday 3 September
Monday to Saturday 9am to 7.30pm,
Sunday 10.00am to 7.30pm
- Sunday 4 September 1pm to 6pm