Edinburgh International Science Festival
Founded in 1988, the Edinburgh Science Festival brings together a programme of educational and interactive activities for the wee ones, and events and talks for adults in multiple venues across town.
Regular visitors to the Edinburgh International Science Festival include Richard Dawkins, Dr Bunhead, and Professor Richard Wiseman, who usually brings psychology orientated events.
The City Art Centre became the hub in 2011 for kids activities with activities such as ER, Unwrapping the Mummy, Dr Clot's Blood-Curdling Adventure, Nina and the Neurons, Dig Up a Dinosaur, and Rampaging Chariots.
Selected past EISF coverage
- Interview: Dr. Simon Gage, director of the Edinburgh International Science Festival
- The Edinburgh Medal Address: James Hansen gives the EISF keynote talk
- Science on a Plate A new food orientated fest in 2012
- Edinburgh Enlightenment Exchange
- More Edinburgh International Science Festival news
Tickets are available online and by telephone, as well as in person at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival shop.