Inverleith Park is a major public park, managed by the City of Edinburgh, a little North from the city centre.
The park with its 3 football, 4 rugby and 6 seven-a-side pitches, a cricket square, petanque area, and a children’s play area, hosts some 400 events each year.
It's big enough to also accommodate allotments for gardeners, a large pond with a landscaped "marsh" area, a secluded Sundial Garden (the sundial dated 1890), and an arts access centre "Four Winds." It's also a popular place for walking the dog, jogging, or quiet walks.
Looking down on the park from afar this part of Edinburgh looks surprisingly green due to its close proximity with the Edinburgh's Royal Botanic Garden, the large grounds of private boarding school Fettes College, the Grange cricket club, and Edinburgh Academy sports fields. Broughton High School is also nearby.
Inverleith Park was purchased in 1889 from Mr Charles Rocheid, for £33,500. At the time it included a farm.
The memorial fountain dated 1899 (not in working condition), set in a rough granite obelisk, was erected in memory of John Charles Dunlop, councillor for the St Bernard's Ward.