Arts venue in a converted 19th Century church. During the Edinburgh Fringe, is operated by Assembly as Assembly Roxy. In previous years, the venue was run at Fringe-time under the Rocket Venues banner and following that Zoo Venues.
The 8,100 square foot complex comprises of four performance spaces, a cafe-bar, and gallery: Roxy Hall, Roxy Theatre, Roxy Room, Roxy Bar, and the Roxy Tower, home to the Embassy Gallery. It also has a rehearsal space.
Formerly run as a year-round venue, The Roxy closed in October 2010 due to financial problems with parent company Edinburgh University Settlement.
Reviews of shows here
- The Two Most Perfect Things Review (25 Aug '12)
- Waiting For Stanley Review (22 Aug '12)
- Mr Carmen Review (12 Aug '12)
- Petya and the Wolf (Russian Season 2012) Review (12 Aug '12)
- Captain Ferguson's School for Balloon Warfare Review (11 Aug '12)
- Time for Fun Review (11 Aug '12)
- Leo Review (07 Aug '12)
- Othello Review (25 Aug '11)
- The Seagull Effect Review (12 Aug '11)
- Transformation Review (19 Aug '10)
- An Actress Prepares Review (19 Aug '10)
- The City and Iris Review (14 Aug '10)
- Fresher, The Musical Review (10 Aug '10)
- McGrotty and Ludmilla, Roxy Art House, Review (25 Jul '10)
- The Midnight Court (14 Aug '08)
- The Feast of Ants (12 Aug '08)
- Songs for a New World (24 Aug '07)
- Danton's Death (16 Aug '07)
- The Nina Variations (12 Aug '07)