Edinburgh's publicly-funded arthouse cinema is a hub for the city's film buffs. The Filmhouse has the most varied programme of alternative film, ranging from arthouse and foreign cinema to mainstream second run films.
The café is a relaxed place to hang out for a coffee or pint (fairly good choice of beer on tap), and offers reasonable pre-film food, including vegetarian.
Friday matinee special is £5.
- Matinees (Mon to Thu before 5pm): £9 (conc £7)
- Friday Matinees, before 5pm: £5.
- Evening Screenings and Sat/Sun matinees: £11, £7 (conc).
- For 3D screenings add £2 to ticket price.
- Filmhouse Members get £1.50 off all tickets (excludes Friday matinees, Sunday double bills and Filmhouse Junior screenings)
- Filmhouse Junior screenings £5
- Children under 12 £5
Concessions include: students (with current matriculation card), School pupils (15-18 years), Children (under 15), Claimants (Income Support & Family Credit payment book), Senior Citizens, Disability or Invalidity status