Edinburgh's publicly-funded arthouse cinema is a hub for the city's film buffs. The Filmhouse has the most varied programme of alternative film, ranging from arthouse and foreign cinema to mainstream second run films.
The café is a relaxed place to hang out for a coffee or pint (fairly good choice of beer on tap), and offers reasonable pre-film food, including vegetarian.
Friday matinee special is £5.50 or £4.00 for concessions.
£9, £7.20 (conc)
Mon to Thu, before 5.00pm
Full price £7.20 (conc £5.70)
Friday, before 5pm
Full price £5.50 (conc £4)
Sat/Sun, before 5pm
£9, £7.20 (conc).
For 3D screenings ad £2 to ticket price.
Filmhouse Members get £1.50 off all tickets (excludes Friday matinees and Filmhouse Junior screenings)
Filmhouse Junior screenings
Children under 12
Concessions include: students (with current matriculation card), School pupils (15-18 years), Children (under 15), Claimants (Income Support & Family Credit payment book), Senior Citizens, Disability or Invalidity status
Reviews of shows here
- Film Review: I Am Breathing (20 Jun '13)
- Film of the Week: West of Memphis (19 Feb '13)
- Film of the Week: Chasing Ice (27 Dec '12)
- Film of the Week: Surviving Progress (21 Sep '12)
- Film of the Week: Jaws & Turin Horse (16 Jun '12)
- Film of the Week: The Deep Blue Sea (26 Nov '11)
- Film of the Week: Miss Bala (28 Oct '11)
- Film of the Week: We Need To Talk About Kevin (20 Oct '11)
- Film of the Week: Midnight In Paris (07 Oct '11)
- Film of the Week: You've Been Trumped (01 Oct '11)
- Film of the Week: Blood In The Mobile (23 Sep '11)
- Film of the Week: Days of Heaven (02 Sep '11)
- Calamity Jane Singalong Review (21 Aug '11)
- Potiche, Filmhouse, Review (25 Jul '11)
- EIFF 2011 Review: Turin Horse (15 Jun '11)
- Film of the Week: Apocalypse Now (re-issue) (27 May '11)
- Film of the Week: Armadillo (21 May '11)
- Film of the Week: The Space Between (11 Mar '11)
- Film of the Week: True Grit (11 Feb '11)
- EIFF Review: Salvage (29 Jun '09)