Edinburgh's publicly-funded arthouse cinema is a hub for the city's film buffs. The Filmhouse has the most varied programme of alternative film, ranging from arthouse and foreign cinema to mainstream second run films.
The café is a relaxed place to hang out for a coffee or pint (fairly good choice of beer on tap), and offers reasonable pre-film food, including vegetarian.
Friday matinee special is £4.20 or £2.60 for concessions.
Mon-Thur: £5.60, concessions £3.60
Friday: £3.60, concessions £2.10
Daily: £7.50, concessions £5.50.
All tickets to Weans’ World screenings are £2.50. Tickets for children under 12 are £2.50 for any screening.
Concessions include: students (with current matriculation card), School pupils (15-18 years), Children (under 15), Claimants (Income Support & Family Credit payment book), Senior Citizens, Disability or Invalidity status
Reviews of shows here
- Film Review: I Am Breathing (20 Jun '13)
- Film of the Week: West of Memphis (19 Feb '13)
- Film of the Week: Chasing Ice (27 Dec '12)
- Film of the Week: Surviving Progress (21 Sep '12)
- Film of the Week: Jaws & Turin Horse (16 Jun '12)
- Film of the Week: The Deep Blue Sea (26 Nov '11)
- Film of the Week: Miss Bala (28 Oct '11)
- Film of the Week: We Need To Talk About Kevin (20 Oct '11)
- Film of the Week: Midnight In Paris (07 Oct '11)
- Film of the Week: You've Been Trumped (30 Sep '11)
- Film of the Week: Blood In The Mobile (23 Sep '11)
- Film of the Week: Days of Heaven (02 Sep '11)
- Calamity Jane Singalong Review (21 Aug '11)
- Potiche, Filmhouse, Review (25 Jul '11)
- EIFF 2011 Review: Turin Horse (15 Jun '11)
- Film of the Week: Apocalypse Now (re-issue) (27 May '11)
- Film of the Week: Armadillo (21 May '11)
- Film of the Week: The Space Between (11 Mar '11)
- Film of the Week: True Grit (11 Feb '11)
- EIFF Review: Salvage (29 Jun '09)
18 Jun 2014 - 9:30pm - 29 Jun 2014 - 11:59pm