Formerly the Royal Dick Veterinary College, this historic building has been transformed into a vibrant multi-arts venue. Summerhall is home of the Demarco European Art Foundation, Artisceince, Heartart and other fine art, theatre and literary collections.
Summerhall includes theatre and art gallery spaces, libraries, small museums, educational & research programmes, with artist studios & workshops, including for film & TV, dance, and much else.
During the Fringe, Summmerhall 'Arts Laboratory' comprised of 10 unique performance spaces, and a Dissection Room Bar that looks like it was designed by Damien Hirst, Summerhall is a labyrinth of theatre spaces, cross-arts performances and displays.
Reviews of shows here
- Big Mouth Review (24 Aug '12)
- “Pages from the book of....” Review (22 Aug '12)
- The Dead Memory House Review (20 Aug '12)
- The List Review (20 Aug '12)
- We Are Not Here Review (20 Aug '12)
- The Stranger Review (18 Aug '12)
- Shirtwaist Review (13 Aug '12)
- Rime Review (13 Aug '12)
- Puellae (The truth about chips and other things) Review (09 Aug '12)
- How A Man Crumbled Review (07 Aug '12)
- Kurt Schwitter's Sound Sonata at Summerhall (16 Aug '11)