Not as fast as going by car and certainly not as fast as trains, but for budget travellers who don't mind longer journeys there are savings by going by bus. For example, buses are regularly half and can be a quarter the cost of train fares between Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Lothian Buses The distinctive big maroon, double-decker buses found locally in Edinburgh.
- First South East and Central Scotland Bus journeys in the Central and Fife regions.
- Bustracker Realtime updates on bus arrivals, routes of maps, and bus stop locations.
- Airport buses Airlink and other Skylink airport buses run by Lothian.
- National Express One of the main companies for travelling to and from Edinburgh by coach from around the UK.
- Scottish Citylink Timetables and prices for the company UK-wide bus journeys.
- Stagecoach Intercity and longer journey, bus travel.
- Traveline Scotland Independent company providing info on travelling by bus, coach or train in Scotland.