Trains in Edinburgh
Shop for train tickets The Trainline has a good price comparison tool for tickets. You will find tickets are usually cheaper if you buy in advance.
Edinburgh Train Stations
- Waverley Station Edinburgh's mainline station.
- Haymarket Station Edinburgh's original, second mainline station.
Edinburgh Train Services
- Scotrail You are most likely to be travelling on this company's trains if you are just travelling within Scotland, especially if you are travelling to the more rural destinations in the Scottish Highlands. Has a busy route between Edinburgh and Glasgow. Timetables and booking.
- East Coast Trains between Edinburgh and London, as well as offering services up to Aberdeen and Inverness.
- National Rail Offers a useful resource for planning your trip by train by integrating the timetables of different railway companies and routes.
- Borders Railway Details of the new hour-long, Borders to Tweedbank line.
- Virgin Trains Online booking and news about this company's service between London and Edinburgh, as well as information about facilities provided.
- Eurostar Going all the way to the continent? Then this is the site for you.
- Passenger Focus The independent UK rail watchdog
- Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway Heritage steam train rides.