Built in 1796 by Thomas Russell to a design by celebrated Edinburgh New Town architect Robert Adam, this is another good example of a typical Georgian Edinburgh neo-classical interior. Home to the Edinburgh World Heritage Trust, a charitable organisation that is charged with preserving and promoting the Edinburgh World Heritage Site, it was extensively restored in 1903 to Adam's original design after changes were made to the windows and first floor by the previous occupant in 1871 to accommodate a dentist's surgery.
About the Edinburgh World Heritage Trust
The EWHT runs a a Conservation Funding Programme, awarding grants to property owners within the World Heritage Site to carry out repairs as well as carrying out its own conservation projects.
It also supports a number of educational activities to help raise awareness about Edinburgh's World Heritage Site, such as the Old Town Festival.
The EWHT also acts as advisor to the City of Edinburgh Council in its management of the historic city centre.