The King's Theatre is a 1,300 seat theatre situated in the Tollcross area of Edinburgh. It is owned by the City of Edinburgh Council and managed by Capital Theatres.
The King's was built in 1905 and opened in 1906. Although this Howard and Wyndham theatre had its gallery removed in the Fifties, it has retained its old-fashioned charm - the theatre still has its stalls and two remaining circles - the "Dress Circle" and the "Family Circle".
Extensive renovation work to the theatre's seating and front of house were completed in 2012.
As well as playing host to major touring theatre productions, including performances by the Royal National Theatre, and touring musicals from London's West End, this capacious venue also hosts local amateur productions such as musicals and light opera.